Miracles of Rotary
December 14, 2018
On December 14th Rotarians and community leaders will be locked up at Strickland’s on Oleander drive. The jailbirds will have to raise money to get the keys to freedom.
We reached our goal of $16,000.
Wilmington Central Rotary held their annual Miracles of Rotary and raised $15,000 for four causes listed below.
Maxwell Truett – Autism
Maxwell is a special needs child that suffers with Autism. We want to help with the following:
- NAET treatment from Dr. Buffalino:
a. Initial appointment.
b. 20 sessions – $35 per session after initial visit to start treatment.
c. 10 sessions – $60 per visit to test for more possible allergies.
- Dr. Harum from the clinic for special needs children does preservative free vaccines, that insurance doesn’t cover. They are $100 per vaccine. There are 5 vaccines he needs to get.
- Weighted blanket (10lbs).
- Chewelry from ark therapy for his SPD and oral issues.
- Two Christmas toys for Maxwell to play with.
Lisa Anderson – Peritoneal Mesothelioma
In February 2018, a CAT scan revealed 3 enlarged tumors. She then decided to go to Texas to meet with doctors at MD Anderson Clinic. It was there that all the testing done revealed that she had Peritoneal Mesothelioma, a rare type of cancer that starts in the abdomen. She then began treatments of immunotherapy. We want to help with the following:
- Medical Massages for pain management.
- Cameron Clinic of Oriental Medicine (not covered by insurance)
a. Supplements (approximately $500/month).
b. Acupuncture for pain management twice a month.
c. Oxygen treatments as needed (8 sessions).
- Annual YWCA Family Pool Pass.
Senior Center & Hospice
Senior Center Stockings – 30
- Grant a wish to Senior Citizens – purchase the gifts and put in a package and return to the Senior Center.
- Purchase 50 Lap blankets – they are used for the patients and then given to the family.